Writing Journey – Part One?
I don’t know if I should label this part one or not…
I might change it if I decide to create a proper series of blog posts about writing. For now, this will do.
I’ve called this a word vomit, because it literally is. I have just projectiled my thoughts onto my blog.
To One; remind myself I have told everyone I am going to do this. Two; give me a bit of motivation!
Welcome to the Start of my Writing Journey!
I guess everyone has to start somewhere.
That somewhere for me is called – ‘IDEAS’.
You can’t start anything without having an idea of what you are going to do first. Obviously.
Writing a book is something I have been on and off with for about a year.
I wanted to become a writer when I realised I could literally write whatever I want.
To create my own story/world/characters, just seems like something I should be doing. Could be doing.
Also, I think it’s a lot of fun
(otherwise I wouldn’t be doing it.)
For the past year, I have been completing a writing course, and squashing my brain with ideas that just dont turn out to be that great. Which is SO annoying.
Calling My Idea
Just FYI, I am SO tired writing this post. If it seems so random, weird and ‘what the hell is she writing’.
Then, because it is, that’s literally what’s happening here. Just go with it.
I wanted to write a whole novel, like 60,0000 + word novel.
But, I just cannot think of a story that could pan out for so long.
I keep having little ideas, ones that might only last to 6,000 words.
So, (lightbulb moment).
I have decided to create a book, full of all my little stories. YAY for short stories!
Why I love Short Stories
- You can read them quickly and feel accomplished
- Nice to not having to get too deep into it.
- Easy to pick up, finish, and read again.
- I always feel a ‘Wow’ moment afterwards (like wow that was good yet it ended so fast)
I’ve never written anything longer than 10,000 words before, and it’s making me worry and overthink. Thinking about trying to create a novel, a whole novel.
All this thinking, is making me not do anything.
Its making me change my mind, or stop writing all together.
So, short stories it is.
I’m going to self publish this one.
Its my first little book, (and my writing course came with a self publishing course. I may as well use it!)
I’m not expecting anything big, I guess it might just be my Mum and Dad who read it, maybe my brother, or whoever else I force to.
I have a few random ideas. Ones I am really looking forward to creating.
My brother is going to help me too (don’t worry, I’ll say thanks to him in my book…) because his imagination is great.
Anyway, that’s part one I guess. An IDEA.
To summarise – If you want to write, get an idea, and do it. Oh and tell me about it! I would love to know what you’re working on.
Ways to Think of New Ideas;
- Take long showers – Stay clean.
- Go for a walk – Refresh your mind.
- Scream into your pillow – Wouldn’t advise
- Drink lots of tea – Writers love tea, right? = Brain juice…
- Rule out all of your bad ideas – Cross off the ones you just really aren’t feeling. Forget them.
- Do some yoga – Just because I like yoga. Standing on your head might help the flow.
- Read some more books. – Get some inspiration.
- Write down EVERYTHING – I mean everything, things you think are cute. People you see. Places you go. You understand.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
I’m sorry if it hurt your brain, but I’m feeling a lot better now that I have written it down!
If you haven’t already, check out some of my other posts down below!
See you soon