I have no idea how to start these New Year posts because everyone’s always sound the same, so I’ll just jump straight into it. This post is about the new year resolutions I am setting myself, and also my second attempt at the Goodreads challenge.
Finally its 2019, and I am actually quite excited for this year to start. Yes I am one of those ‘new year, new me’ people (for about two months).
I have started off quite slow this year, I am writing this at 12:30 in the afternoon, still in my pjs and I haven’t even showered yet.
Obviously my resolution of being productive and having good time management is going to be a slow burner.
New Year’s Resolutions 2019
I’m not going to set myself too many this year. I can’t remember what I even put for 2018 but last year has been written off so, let start again.
- Use time wisely – Don’t sit on phone for hours!
- Read Everyday (Gotta get 50 books in somehow)
- Write Everyday – Poems and Stories!!
- Update Patreon often (I NEED TO REALLY CRACK ON WITH THIS)
- Clear out whole room and decorate – Try the more minimal approach
- SAVE MONEY – Don’t buy any clothes or shoes unless it is essential. Don’t waste money on food when I can eat at home.
- Publish/self publish a poetry book by the end of the year, and short stories throughout the year.
That does actually seem like a lot… Maybe I will do an update half way through the year and we can see how well that’s all going.
I am in the process of starting my room now so at least that’s one that will definitely be completed… (Is that cheating?)
I need to save money because I really want to move out, hopefully in the next couple of years… I also need to start writing and publishing in the hope that it will help my income too.
Goodreads Challenge 2019
Last year I set myself the challenge of reading 50 books, and I was actually doing so well until life things happened and I did not pick up a book again until the end of the year! So, Goodreads challenge 2019, lets try again.
Of course, if you can find me on Goodreads, you will be able to see the books that i am reading, want to read, and have read… Along with book reviews that i will now be posting this year because i enjoy expressing my opinions that no one ever comments back on.
I am probably going to be writing more reviews on Goodreads rather than on this blog, unless i really feel the need too.
So anyway, as you’ve guessed, im just going to try and read 50 books again this year. I have no idea how some of you manage to fit in 200? How do you have the time?!
The following is a list of books that are on my TBR pile.
- Girls Burn Brighter – Shobha Rao
- The Female Persuasion – Meg Wolitzer
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald – J.K Rowling
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Animal Farm – George Orwell
- Red Clocks – Leni Zumas
That will do for now. There’s plenty more on my actual Goodreads account but the above are the ones I plan on reading first. If you have an account comment it down below so I can follow!
Also, let me know what your resolutions are too! Comment your own blog post down below 🙂
Thank you for reading, I know it was only a short one, but this blogging stuff is taking a back seat (only posting once a month), just so I can focus on actually writing instead.