Gratitude journaling is a great way to empty your mind and to stay feeling positive. It is so easy to start dwelling on everything that is going wrong, we forget about the things that are going well!
This creates a negative mindset, low vibrations, and leads us into a life of feeling down. Start gratitude journaling today and I promise you will feel the difference.
By starting a gratitude journal, you can begin to swap your negative mindset and create a more positive outlook on life.
Stop thinking about the little things that are bad for that day.
Start thinking about all of the good things around you, how lucky you are, and what you are grateful for.
It might sound like rubbish, you might be thinking that you do not have anything to be grateful for, but let’s look at the little things.
You must be reading this post on some sort of device… Whether that is a phone or a computer.
What else can you do with your phone or your computer?
Think deeply into the everyday things you do and realise what you are grateful for, even the tiniest thing like having a bath, or eating breakfast.
Gratitude Journaling? The Details…
What is Gratitude?
Gratitude by definition means ;
- the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.” she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support”
It is basically like giving yourself and your life positive feedback. You need that positivity to be able to live your life fully. So why not be more grateful?
You can have gratitude towards a number of things;
- Yourself – Think about the things you do that make you happy, or what you have achieved. This can be as simple as getting up in the morning and making yourself a healthy breakfast! Or getting that promotion you have worked so hard for.
- Your family – What have you been able to achieve because of your family? Or what do your family do within their own lives that make you feel grateful and happy? You might just have gratitude towards the fat they are healthy and happy themselves.
- Food – Have gratitude for the food you are able to eat and consume. You might be able to have access to more foods than someone else, you might be thankful that you can eat the foods you have, or even cook the meals you can.
- Shelter – Not everyone around the world is lucky enough to have a roof over their heads. Be thankful for the fact you live in warmth and are protected.
- Your hobbies – Maybe you take part in an activity that is special to you or that brings you happiness within your life? Without doing this, how would you feel?
- Money – Although money helps us to have and do so many things, we shouldn’t rely on money, or dwell on the fact that money alone makes us happy. Money helps us to do things that make us happy.
You might already be journalling, or maybe you have a notebook lying around that needs filling… There are a few ways you can write about your gratitude depending on how much time you want to spend doing it.
- Integrate gratitude into your daily bullet journal…
You can create a section at the top or the bottom of your page and write a couple of sentences on the things you are thankful for that day. It may be as simple as “The sun is shining”.
- Write daily pages…
This process takes a long time but it is very effective. This method is when you write down pages and pages of your thoughts without stopping or without overthinking them. It is a good way to ’empty’ your brain before the start of your day. This can be linked with gratitude because your daily pages can be very positive and have a positive effect on you.
- Using Apps…
There are lots of apps you can download to help you with journaling, so if you do not have your pen and paper on hand, you can still write things down. By using your phone you will be able to record things at that moment and look back on them at a later date and remember how you felt.
All you need to start your gratitude journal is;
- A book – You can find lots of good quality journals online!
- Pens – Totally of your preference. Writing with a good pen is easier.
- Your mind – Be in a state of mind where you feel happy and positive.
- Mobile App – Download an app so you can log your gratitude on the go.
- My Pinterest board below to help with inspiration!
You can start gratitude journaling today! By writing down one thing each day that you are grateful for, you will begin to see a positive difference within your own life. By creating these better thoughts and good vibes, your world will change around you.
Start with writing something in the morning, and something before you go to bed to enhance the happy and positive thoughts you will have throughout the day.
Thank you for reading, make sure you subscribe to stay up to date with any news and new blog posts!
If you haven’t yet, read my comeback post – Coming back to blogging…
I am a huge fan of gratitude journaling. Helps me keep sane and always reminds me of the little things
Thank you for commenting!
I agree x