As I am sure we are all aware the Coronavirus has spread all around the world and now we are all in isolation or lockdown, whatever you want to call it.
Here in the UK, we are on lockdown which means we can’t do anything other than have an hours exercise outdoors and go to the supermarkets for essential items. (I think that’s correct, I’ve stopped watching the news…)
If you are isolating, then you are not allowed to leave your house at all. So, I thought I’d write a quick little list of things you can do during the COVID-19 pandemic.
I also asked my followers on Instagram to help me with some ideas so THANK YOU if you replied to my story, you’re the best.
You can follow my Instagram here so you can join in…
Lockdown Activities to Calm Your Mind
The following are some ideas I have come up with that may help with your anxieties and stresses about the current situation. The aim is to take your mind off the outside world and to put yourself into a little safe bubble.
- Journalling – Writing about how you are feeling and then closing the book is a good way to get things off your chest. You can also get creative here; Follow my journaling Pinterest board for inspo!
- Drawing – I personally cannot draw at all, but I have found it relaxing to follow some tutorials online and to have something different to do. Youtube simple or doodling tutorials and you will find tons of help.
- Playing an instrument – If you happen to have an instrument lying around the house, use lockdown to learn some new songs!
- Listening to music – Some days you just don’t want to do anything, put on your headphones and relax. Listen to your favourite music or try something new.
- Read – Finally read that pile of books sitting on your TBR shelf.
- Yoga – Yoga and meditation is the perfect way to centre yourself and empty your mind.
- Pamper yourself – paint your nails, take a bath, put on a facemask! Chill out to candlelight and forget the rest.
- Practice some self-care – Guess what, I have a board all about that too…
Productive Things To Do During Lockdown
- Re-arrange your room – Moving your space around and having a clear-out can also do wonders for your mind, create a space you enjoy being in since you’re going to be there for a while… Well, I have another board on Pinterest to help with ideas for that.
- Gardening – Caring for something and watching it grow can be very therapeutic… Plant some seeds and watch them grow.
- Blogging! – Start writing about the things you enjoy online. Blogging is a great way to schedule your time and focus on the things you like to do.
- Exercise – Yes… I know this is spoken about a lot. But staying healthy is more important now than ever. If you are at home all day every day, then make sure you’re using your time outside to go for a walk, or even run.
- Do your school/uni work – Yes, I’m sorry. Just do your work before you feel bad about it.
- Sort your finances – Take a look at what you’re spending, and how you can save. Now is better than ever since there isn’t a lot to do, so saving should be easier.
Random Fun Things
- Learn some new recipes – Try some new meals using what you have in the cupboards.
- Play games online with your friends – Play online with your phones, consoles and even on facetime. This website shows you how to play online board games – Tech Radar Online Board Games
- Customise old Clothes – Chop things up, bleach your jeans, stitch cute symbols onto your shoes… The possibilities are endless.
- Try new makeup – Follow some tutorials on perfecting your winged eyeliner, or whatever else it is you might want to do.
- Puzzles! – Puzzles take a lot of time to do, and it’s very satisfying when you have finished it.
- Make Tik Toks – Millions of people are doing this, its fun, and uses up lots of time.
- Download all the Sims packs – Playing simulation games is better than the real world right now, am I right?
- The Animal Crossing Craze – Another really fun game to spend ridiculous amounts of time on.
Buy the console and game below!
Thank you so much for reading! Please comment and share if you have liked this post, and if you have any other ideas for what you can do during lockdown…
I have also started using Twitter and sharing lockdown life on there – Follow it here…
In case you haven’t read it yet, here is my post about coming back to the blog and what you can expect from Written by Charlotte now –
AND FINALLY – Please subscribe via email to receive updates, don’t worry. I won’t bombard you with messages…