We can all agree that 2020 has been something we never expected. For a lot of us this year didn’t turn out to be how we wanted, and it’s been hard! So, I asked on Instagram if any of you were setting New Year resolutions or goals. To my surprise, most of you said there is no point! And I agree, to a certain extent. I never usually set resolutions quite simply because I never stick to them. However, in 2021, I want to make my life different. I want to live differently and I want to do the things I have never done.
Here is a little post about some of the New Year resolutions I will be setting for myself, and some small ideas you could also do to change your 2021 no matter how it turns out.
You may be thinking that resolutions and goals are the same things (they probably are) however, I view them differently.
- A resolution; something you do and continue to do, like a habit. For example, start running.
- A goal; something you want to complete or do that may have an end date. For example, write a book.
I haven’t included anything like travelling or anything that you couldn’t do this year due to restrictions just in case… No one likes to get their hopes up! Instead, these are all things that you can do for yourself wherever you are.
New Year Resolutions For You
A list of resolutions for you.
These resolutions will be easy to begin, good to start, and will make small changes to your life!
Don’t choose to do them all, pick a few and try them out.
- Start journaling (blog post about journaling)
- Ten mins of self-care a day
- Listen to your body more
- Learn a new skill
- Get a new hairstyle
- Meditate more often
- DON’T go on your phone first thing in the morning
- Stop stressing over the people who don’t have time for you
- Change up your mindset – have a half cup FULL attitude
- Swap things to become more eco friendly
- Create a new daily routine
- Eat healthier
- Drink more water!
- Start saving more each month (I have a blog post about how to save here!)
- Stop buying fast fashion, start thrifting!
Short term goals
- Write and self publish a book
- Reach fitness goal, for example; lift a certain weight, learn the splits.
- Decorate your home/room
- Reach a certain amount in savings
- Start a side hustle
My New Year Resolutions and Goals
Here are the few things that I want to make sure I do during 2021.
2020 made me realise that I want to be more and do more. So, my resolutions aren’t too big, but things that will make me feel so much better, and create a better year!
- Stop buying fast fashion items from new. Start thrifting more, and buying more high-value pieces. Create a smaller wardrobe full of things I LOVE. Sell or charity shop the clothes I never wear.
- Actually, start doing yoga. My back has been killing me recently so something needs to change.
- Cut my hair short and actually look after it. Stop dying it, and make more effort.
- Talk to myself in a better way. Stop putting myself down.
- Be healthier (very broad statement but more fruit and veggies and water!)
- Grow my Instagram and earn money from it. I want to reach 10k by the end of the year.
- Grow my blog and earn money from it.
- Create a small side hustle (could be Instagram.) I want to earn an extra £300 a month.
How to stick to them!
The best way to stick to goals and resolutions is to hold yourself accountable!
You could also find someone who is doing the same as you, and you can hold each other accountable that way.
Reward yourself for completing something. Once you have achieved a goal, celebrate!
Share your journey! If one of your resolutions is to bake more, share what you have made online. Create a little community for what you love to do.
Let me know what your New Year resolutions are over on Instagram!