How to unselfishly practice self-care. This may seem or sound like an impossible task, and kind of contradictory. If this sounds confusing keep reading!
I write a lot on this little blog about self-help and self-improvement, but what about everyone else? Of course, you should always be looking out for number one (you) and creating the life you want to live and living your best life at that.
However, how can we live our best lives alone? Practising self-help should be done in such a way that it benefits not only ourselves but for others too. Once again, I have waffled on, so let’s just get into it.
What is Self-Help?
Self-help is simply an act of performing certain things that will help your self. This can be physical or mental, but the end goal is to improve your personal self and the life you are living.
This amazing, of course, you should always be doing things to better yourself and your life, especially if you are faced with moments of needing to make changes. Lots of people will turn to self-help when they feel as though they have let themselves go, or like they need a real positive change in their lives.
So, as I said, self-help is a must. However, touching on today’s subject, you are not alone in this world, and to help yourself, you need to also help others too.
Unselfishly Practice Self-Care…
If you don’t help others too, what is the point?
You are faced with different people all the time from all over. If you focus on only yourself, you are bound to find someone who wants to add a negative force into the growth you are reaching.
Because unfortunately, that is what people are like.
To avoid/stop this, use your self-help time to improve how you react to others, to in turn, teach them as well. You don’t need to focus on this all of the time, but just be aware of how your actions and learning will effect others too.
How to Help Yourself, and others AT THE SAME TIME
This post has been a whole lot of words, so here is a list of ways you can unselfishly practice self-care by not only helping yourself but others around you too.
- Having a bad time? Message your friend and see how they’re feeling. Go out and talk about things and offer each other advice.
- Educate yourself on how to deal with negative people. If you find yourself in some conflict, try to talk to them about changing their mindset and behaviour too.
- Don’t hold in all of your feelings. Chances are, there is someone out there who would like to vent how they feel too. Share your emotions. Even if this is online!
- Share how you practice self-help… If you have found a way to deal with a certain emotion, or you have found something that helps you, don’t keep it to yourself!
- Educating yourself can be a form of self-care, especially if you are needing to learn more about the world, people and cultures. This of course, in turn, helps you to help others by gaining my knowledge.
Other Ways to Help Others
Of course, unselfishly practising self-care does seem like quite a hard task, and it is! You don’t need to do this all the time, it’s just good to keep in mind. So, if you do want to help others, here are a few more ways you can do this in general.
All of the following points are inspired by the book ‘Lift As You Climb’ By Viv Groskop. Lift as you climb means you should be helping to lift other women too on your journey to success.
- Share other content to help them grow too! You get what you give. So, help other people grow, and in turn, it will happen for you. Kind of like good karma.
- Promote your friends business ventures or ideas they have! Support your friends. That’s all.
- Don’t be negative about things when you do not need to.
- Answer questions and offer help.
- Share your knowledge with people who are struggling, even if they are doing the same thing as you.
- Don’t just try to sell your products to answer simple questions… Just answer them! Then refer to your products for extra help if you need too.
If you have any other ideas I would love to hear what you have to say! So please comment below to let me know what you think.
I know that this post might seem a bit full on and a little confusing. All I am asking is that you Lift others as you Climb… That is all! Help others and yourself.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to get updates every week!